Pyarimohan Mohapatra calls Naveen Patnaik `arrogant`
Koraput: Dubbing Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik as "arrogant", Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM) leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Friday claimed that the law and order situation in the state had worsened during Naveen Patnaik`s chief ministership.
“Naveen has become too arrogant to listen to the plight of the party workers and people of Odisha. Crime against women is on rise in his tenure. He has failed to provide protection to the people of Odisha,” the Rajya Sabha MP, who was expelled from the ruling BJD recently on charge of attempting a coup bid in the Naveen Patnaik government in May last year, said.
Mohapatra said at least three lakh people had joined OJM in the past three months and the figure was expected to touch 20 lakh by May.
“We target at least 5,000 members in each Assembly constituency. To win an election, proper strategy has to be made and I am well versed in it. If we come to power unemployment will go in five years,” he said adding that his political party will be launched in next two months.
While addressing a workers meeting at Jeypore, he said, "I have spent 15 years of my career serving in tribal areas, mostly in Koraput district. I have special attachment with Koraput and it will further strengthen in the coming days”.
During his posting in Koraput in the early eighties, Mohapatra, a bureaucrat-turned-politician, claimed to have sent a proposal to the government for a cement factory in Malkangiri, a maize processing unit in Nabarangpur and to conduct survey of Jeypore-Malkangiri railway line.
“After my transfer from Koraput the then state government did nothing to materialise the projects", he said.
People from Koraput, Malkangiri, Rayagada and Nabarangapur districts attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video