Pyarimohan Mohapatra calls Naveen Patnaik `arrogant`
Koraput: Dubbing Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik as "arrogant", Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM) leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Friday claimed that the law and order situation in the state had worsened during Naveen Patnaik`s chief ministership.
“Naveen has become too arrogant to listen to the plight of the party workers and people of Odisha. Crime against women is on rise in his tenure. He has failed to provide protection to the people of Odisha,” the Rajya Sabha MP, who was expelled from the ruling BJD recently on charge of attempting a coup bid in the Naveen Patnaik government in May last year, said.
Mohapatra said at least three lakh people had joined OJM in the past three months and the figure was expected to touch 20 lakh by May.
“We target at least 5,000 members in each Assembly constituency. To win an election, proper strategy has to be made and I am well versed in it. If we come to power unemployment will go in five years,” he said adding that his political party will be launched in next two months.
While addressing a workers meeting at Jeypore, he said, "I have spent 15 years of my career serving in tribal areas, mostly in Koraput district. I have special attachment with Koraput and it will further strengthen in the coming days”.
During his posting in Koraput in the early eighties, Mohapatra, a bureaucrat-turned-politician, claimed to have sent a proposal to the government for a cement factory in Malkangiri, a maize processing unit in Nabarangpur and to conduct survey of Jeypore-Malkangiri railway line.
“After my transfer from Koraput the then state government did nothing to materialise the projects", he said.
People from Koraput, Malkangiri, Rayagada and Nabarangapur districts attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj