Pyarimohan Mohapatra calls Naveen Patnaik `arrogant`
Koraput: Dubbing Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik as "arrogant", Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM) leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Friday claimed that the law and order situation in the state had worsened during Naveen Patnaik`s chief ministership.
“Naveen has become too arrogant to listen to the plight of the party workers and people of Odisha. Crime against women is on rise in his tenure. He has failed to provide protection to the people of Odisha,” the Rajya Sabha MP, who was expelled from the ruling BJD recently on charge of attempting a coup bid in the Naveen Patnaik government in May last year, said.
Mohapatra said at least three lakh people had joined OJM in the past three months and the figure was expected to touch 20 lakh by May.
“We target at least 5,000 members in each Assembly constituency. To win an election, proper strategy has to be made and I am well versed in it. If we come to power unemployment will go in five years,” he said adding that his political party will be launched in next two months.
While addressing a workers meeting at Jeypore, he said, "I have spent 15 years of my career serving in tribal areas, mostly in Koraput district. I have special attachment with Koraput and it will further strengthen in the coming days”.
During his posting in Koraput in the early eighties, Mohapatra, a bureaucrat-turned-politician, claimed to have sent a proposal to the government for a cement factory in Malkangiri, a maize processing unit in Nabarangpur and to conduct survey of Jeypore-Malkangiri railway line.
“After my transfer from Koraput the then state government did nothing to materialise the projects", he said.
People from Koraput, Malkangiri, Rayagada and Nabarangapur districts attended the meeting.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees likely to get huge pay checks by June-July 2016
- Andrew Flintoff tells Yuvraj Singh – 'I will cut your throat off'....Read Yuvi's reply
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!