Pyarimohan Mohapatra floats political party `OJM`
Koraput: Pyarimohan Mohapatra, the long-time former political advisor of Biju Janta Dal (BJD) president and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, floated a political party ‘Odisha Jana Morcha (OJM)’ on Tuesday.
The OJM, which was floated by Mohapatra earlier, has now been converted into a full-fledged political party to bring reform in the Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
The decision to float the political party was taken at the general body meeting of the OJM here on March 30. While Pyarimohan will be the president of the new party, former MLA Rajendra Singh will be the vice-president. Jagneswar Babu will be the secretary-general.
Pyarimohan had announced formation of the OJM on September 30 last year and had given six months time to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to reform.
The political party has been formed as there seems to be no effort by the leadership to bring reform in the regional outfit, Morcha vice-president Rajendra Singh said.
Pyarimohan Mohapatra, also a Rajya Sabha member, was upset with the autocratic functioning of the Odisha Chief Minister and two months back hinted that he would soon launch a new political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites