Pyarimohan Mohapatra floats political party `OJM`
Koraput: Pyarimohan Mohapatra, the long-time former political advisor of Biju Janta Dal (BJD) president and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, floated a political party ‘Odisha Jana Morcha (OJM)’ on Tuesday.
The OJM, which was floated by Mohapatra earlier, has now been converted into a full-fledged political party to bring reform in the Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
The decision to float the political party was taken at the general body meeting of the OJM here on March 30. While Pyarimohan will be the president of the new party, former MLA Rajendra Singh will be the vice-president. Jagneswar Babu will be the secretary-general.
Pyarimohan had announced formation of the OJM on September 30 last year and had given six months time to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to reform.
The political party has been formed as there seems to be no effort by the leadership to bring reform in the regional outfit, Morcha vice-president Rajendra Singh said.
Pyarimohan Mohapatra, also a Rajya Sabha member, was upset with the autocratic functioning of the Odisha Chief Minister and two months back hinted that he would soon launch a new political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!