Pyarimohan Mohapatra floats political party `OJM`
Koraput: Pyarimohan Mohapatra, the long-time former political advisor of Biju Janta Dal (BJD) president and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, floated a political party ‘Odisha Jana Morcha (OJM)’ on Tuesday.
The OJM, which was floated by Mohapatra earlier, has now been converted into a full-fledged political party to bring reform in the Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
The decision to float the political party was taken at the general body meeting of the OJM here on March 30. While Pyarimohan will be the president of the new party, former MLA Rajendra Singh will be the vice-president. Jagneswar Babu will be the secretary-general.
Pyarimohan had announced formation of the OJM on September 30 last year and had given six months time to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to reform.
The political party has been formed as there seems to be no effort by the leadership to bring reform in the regional outfit, Morcha vice-president Rajendra Singh said.
Pyarimohan Mohapatra, also a Rajya Sabha member, was upset with the autocratic functioning of the Odisha Chief Minister and two months back hinted that he would soon launch a new political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez