Rahul `excited` as he plays the shrink to Congress
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi, who has been meeting Congress` national and state leaders ever since he took over as its Vice President, Thursday said there was "tremendous talent" in the organisation and he was "very excited" about the exercise.
"I am meeting all the people. Checking from them what they are feeling. I am talking to them. I am trying to understand what they would like. I am quite excited about it," he said.
"As I am speaking to all the people in the Congress party, I am finding a tremendous talent there. And it is just a question of aligning it and getting on with it," Gandhi told reporters outside Parliament House.
He was reacting to a question on whether there are any changes on the cards in the AICC and about his ongoing meeting with the party members and leaders.
The Congress leader said he was "checking from them what they are feeling" and also "just familiarising" himself.
"I am just familiarising myself a little bit," Gandhi said.
Gandhi was appointed as Congress vice president during its `chintan shivir` in Jaipur on January 19.
He formally took over his position in the AICC on January 23. Soon after he had interactions with party general secretaries and secretaries, spread over three days, followed by meeting with chief ministers, state unit chiefs and legislative party leaders where they had "free and frank" discussions on the various issues plaguing the outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach