Rahul `excited` as he plays the shrink to Congress
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi, who has been meeting Congress` national and state leaders ever since he took over as its Vice President, Thursday said there was "tremendous talent" in the organisation and he was "very excited" about the exercise.
"I am meeting all the people. Checking from them what they are feeling. I am talking to them. I am trying to understand what they would like. I am quite excited about it," he said.
"As I am speaking to all the people in the Congress party, I am finding a tremendous talent there. And it is just a question of aligning it and getting on with it," Gandhi told reporters outside Parliament House.
He was reacting to a question on whether there are any changes on the cards in the AICC and about his ongoing meeting with the party members and leaders.
The Congress leader said he was "checking from them what they are feeling" and also "just familiarising" himself.
"I am just familiarising myself a little bit," Gandhi said.
Gandhi was appointed as Congress vice president during its `chintan shivir` in Jaipur on January 19.
He formally took over his position in the AICC on January 23. Soon after he had interactions with party general secretaries and secretaries, spread over three days, followed by meeting with chief ministers, state unit chiefs and legislative party leaders where they had "free and frank" discussions on the various issues plaguing the outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC