Rahul Gandhi addresses rally in Odisha, criticises Naveen Patnaik`s government
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
Cuttack: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday targeted the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) government while addressing a rally in Cuttack and accused it of `looting` the money that the Central government is sending for people of the state
He accused the Odisha government of corruption and said that while the central government has been sending money for midday meals, it has failed to reach the beneficiaries.
He further that despite the state being rich in natural resources, the people there continues to be poor.
He further hit out at the BJD government in the state and said that funds around Rs 5,000 crore allocated to the state by the central government are still lying unspent.
Speaking on the issue of unemployment, he said that the state has lakhs of unemployed people.
He also raised the issue of Naxal menace and said that around 22 districts of the state have been affected by the menace.
The Gandhi scion asked the people to remove the Naveen Patnaik government and vote for Congress which will fight for the poor people of the state and bring back their hard-earned money which can be used for development.
Rahul Gandhi started his two-day visit to the state today and is expected to hold several rallies.
He will also likely to hold discussions with the minority groups.
Rahul`s visit comes ahead of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s public meeting due to be held on February 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city