Rahul Gandhi asks Odisha Congress to revive fortunes
Bhubaneswar: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi met party leaders in Odisha Tuesday and asked them to suggest ways to revive the Congress`s fortunes as it has been out of power in the state since 2000.
A day after holding discussions with grassroot leaders at Sambalpur town in western Odisha, the 42-year-old leader met local party functionaries from the coastal belt at Cuttack city.
"He held discussions with a large number of local leaders," a Congress leader told a news agency.
"He asked us why the party was out of power for such a long period and what measures are required to bring it back to power," the Congress leader said.
This is the first time that Rahul Gandhi visited the state after assuming charge as Congress vice president. He arrived at Sambalpur Monday and spent the night there.
The Congress has been sitting in the opposition in the state since 2000. In recent months, it has intensified organisational and political activities across Odisha.
Rahul Gandhi`s visit to the state is seen as an attempt to infuse fresh vigour in the beleaguered party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside