Rahul Gandhi asks Odisha Congress to revive fortunes
Bhubaneswar: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi met party leaders in Odisha Tuesday and asked them to suggest ways to revive the Congress`s fortunes as it has been out of power in the state since 2000.
A day after holding discussions with grassroot leaders at Sambalpur town in western Odisha, the 42-year-old leader met local party functionaries from the coastal belt at Cuttack city.
"He held discussions with a large number of local leaders," a Congress leader told a news agency.
"He asked us why the party was out of power for such a long period and what measures are required to bring it back to power," the Congress leader said.
This is the first time that Rahul Gandhi visited the state after assuming charge as Congress vice president. He arrived at Sambalpur Monday and spent the night there.
The Congress has been sitting in the opposition in the state since 2000. In recent months, it has intensified organisational and political activities across Odisha.
Rahul Gandhi`s visit to the state is seen as an attempt to infuse fresh vigour in the beleaguered party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case