Rahul Gandhi asks Odisha Congress to revive fortunes
Bhubaneswar: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi met party leaders in Odisha Tuesday and asked them to suggest ways to revive the Congress`s fortunes as it has been out of power in the state since 2000.
A day after holding discussions with grassroot leaders at Sambalpur town in western Odisha, the 42-year-old leader met local party functionaries from the coastal belt at Cuttack city.
"He held discussions with a large number of local leaders," a Congress leader told a news agency.
"He asked us why the party was out of power for such a long period and what measures are required to bring it back to power," the Congress leader said.
This is the first time that Rahul Gandhi visited the state after assuming charge as Congress vice president. He arrived at Sambalpur Monday and spent the night there.
The Congress has been sitting in the opposition in the state since 2000. In recent months, it has intensified organisational and political activities across Odisha.
Rahul Gandhi`s visit to the state is seen as an attempt to infuse fresh vigour in the beleaguered party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters