Rain leaves 678 families homeless in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: At least 678 kutcha houses of tribals have been damaged in Odisha`s Koraput and Rayagada districts due to incessant rain for the last three days.
It has also caused a lot of damage to the rabi crop. The weather, however, improved on Saturday as the low pressure area shifted to a neighbouring state, official sources said.
Reports of damage to houses have been received from Koraput and Rayagada districts, a senior official at the Special Relief Commissioner`s office here said.
"Rain has also caused damage in Kalahandi, Abarangpur and Gajapati districts," he said.
While 429 houses were damaged in Koraput district, 249 kutcha houses collapsed in Rayagada district, they said, adding that people in more than 22 blocks of the three districts of Koraput, Rayagada and Kalahandi have been affected by rain.
Stating that the flash flood situation has improved in southern and western districts, the official said that water level in river Bansadhara has receded to below the warning mark and is in falling trend.
"All major rivers in the state (are) flowing much below the warning level," he said.
On the flash flood situation in Kalahandi district, the official claimed that vehicular traffic on National Highway-26, which was disrupted due to flood water of river Hati overtopping the bridge at Junagarh since June 13, has been restored today.
Power generation at Upper Indravati Hydropower Station also resumed today as the water level receded in river Hati, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks