Rains likely in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The meteorological department has forecast rains and thundershowers in some places of Odisha on Friday.
A depression formed over East Central Bay of Bengal yesterday moved southwestwards and weakened into a well marked low pressure area this morning, the MeT department here said.
Under its influence, rain and thundershower would occur at one or two places over Odisha, it said.
An advisory was issued for lowering Distant Cautionary Signal Number-One (DC-I) at Paradip and Gopalpur Ports in view of the weather prediction.
The warning signal implies that there is a region of squally weather in which a storm may be forming (well marked ) low or depression with surface winds up to 61 km/hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok