Rajendra Kishor Panda wins Gangadhar award
Sambalpur: Noted Odia poet
Rajendra Kishor Panda would be conferred with the prestigious
Gangadhar National Award for Poetry.
Instituted by Sambalpur University in memory of
eminent poet Gangadhar Meher (1862-1924), the award carries a
cash prize of Rs 50,000, a shawl and a citation.
Panda is the 20th recipient of the award.
A galaxy of poets of various Indian languages
including Alli Sardar Zafri, Kedar Nath Singh, Ayyapa Panikar,
Shakti Chottopadhyaya, K Satchidanandan, Dillip Chitre,
Jayanta Mohapatra, Gulzar, Nabakanta Barua, Prof AMK Shahryar,
Nirupam Kaur, Binda Karandikar, Haraprasad Dash and Ramakant
Rath have received the award.
This prestigious award would be presented on the
occasion of the foundation day of Sambalpur University on
January 4, 2012.
Panda`s earlier awards included Kendriya Sahitya
Akademi (1985) and Sarala Award (1995). A retired IAS officer
of chief secretary rank, Panda was born in 1944 in Sambalpur
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold