Rajendra Kishor Panda wins Gangadhar award
Sambalpur: Noted Odia poet
Rajendra Kishor Panda would be conferred with the prestigious
Gangadhar National Award for Poetry.
Instituted by Sambalpur University in memory of
eminent poet Gangadhar Meher (1862-1924), the award carries a
cash prize of Rs 50,000, a shawl and a citation.
Panda is the 20th recipient of the award.
A galaxy of poets of various Indian languages
including Alli Sardar Zafri, Kedar Nath Singh, Ayyapa Panikar,
Shakti Chottopadhyaya, K Satchidanandan, Dillip Chitre,
Jayanta Mohapatra, Gulzar, Nabakanta Barua, Prof AMK Shahryar,
Nirupam Kaur, Binda Karandikar, Haraprasad Dash and Ramakant
Rath have received the award.
This prestigious award would be presented on the
occasion of the foundation day of Sambalpur University on
January 4, 2012.
Panda`s earlier awards included Kendriya Sahitya
Akademi (1985) and Sarala Award (1995). A retired IAS officer
of chief secretary rank, Panda was born in 1944 in Sambalpur
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Ireland and France urge quick 'Brexit' from European Union
- Mehbooba Mufti meets families affected by Kashmir violence
- Thousands bid emotional farewell as hockey legend Mohammed Shahid laid to rest
- Kudankulam unit 2 physical start-up process begun: Sources
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP