Rajendra Kishor Panda wins Gangadhar award
Sambalpur: Noted Odia poet
Rajendra Kishor Panda would be conferred with the prestigious
Gangadhar National Award for Poetry.
Instituted by Sambalpur University in memory of
eminent poet Gangadhar Meher (1862-1924), the award carries a
cash prize of Rs 50,000, a shawl and a citation.
Panda is the 20th recipient of the award.
A galaxy of poets of various Indian languages
including Alli Sardar Zafri, Kedar Nath Singh, Ayyapa Panikar,
Shakti Chottopadhyaya, K Satchidanandan, Dillip Chitre,
Jayanta Mohapatra, Gulzar, Nabakanta Barua, Prof AMK Shahryar,
Nirupam Kaur, Binda Karandikar, Haraprasad Dash and Ramakant
Rath have received the award.
This prestigious award would be presented on the
occasion of the foundation day of Sambalpur University on
January 4, 2012.
Panda`s earlier awards included Kendriya Sahitya
Akademi (1985) and Sarala Award (1995). A retired IAS officer
of chief secretary rank, Panda was born in 1944 in Sambalpur
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre