Rajnath Singh`s communal slur on Congress irresponsible: Khuntia
Bhubaneswar: Congress` Rajya Sabha MP Ramachandra Khuntia on Thursday termed BJP president Rajnath Singh`s statement on his party as "irresponsible" and said the country`s oldest political party stands on socialism and democracy.
"Congress does not require a certificate from BJP. The party stands for its socialist and democratic ideologies. BJP president`s remark is irresponsible," Khuntia said while reacting over Singh`s remark on Congress.
Singh had yesterday dubbed Congress as the "most communal" while claiming BJP as the "biggest secular" party in the country.
Khuntia, however, said "we would be happy if BJP turns secular".
Singh made this remark against Congress while replying to a question about Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s comments on the BJP.
Patnaik had recently dubbed BJP as "communal".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch