Rajnath Singh`s communal slur on Congress irresponsible: Khuntia
Bhubaneswar: Congress` Rajya Sabha MP Ramachandra Khuntia on Thursday termed BJP president Rajnath Singh`s statement on his party as "irresponsible" and said the country`s oldest political party stands on socialism and democracy.
"Congress does not require a certificate from BJP. The party stands for its socialist and democratic ideologies. BJP president`s remark is irresponsible," Khuntia said while reacting over Singh`s remark on Congress.
Singh had yesterday dubbed Congress as the "most communal" while claiming BJP as the "biggest secular" party in the country.
Khuntia, however, said "we would be happy if BJP turns secular".
Singh made this remark against Congress while replying to a question about Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s comments on the BJP.
Patnaik had recently dubbed BJP as "communal".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know