Rally violence: Odisha Police release sketches of 36
Bhubaneswar: Unable to locate any of the accused persons involved in the assault of a woman constable during a Congress rally on September 6, Odisha police released sketches of 36 suspected people.
"We have released pictures of the suspected criminals. The photographs have been sent to all the police stations in the state as people from different parts of Odisha had assembled at the Congress rally," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Nitinjit Singh told reporters here today.
Singh said the pictures were
The police have so far arrested only 34 people on the charge of creating violence from the rally venue, he said.
About 260 people, including 60 security personnel, were injured and a lady constable physically assaulted in the clash between the police and the Congress activists during the party`s Bidhan Sabha Gherao agitation on September 6.
"Certainly more people will be arrested in this connection," Director General of Police (DGP) Prakash Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand