Rally violence: Odisha Police release sketches of 36
Bhubaneswar: Unable to locate any of the accused persons involved in the assault of a woman constable during a Congress rally on September 6, Odisha police released sketches of 36 suspected people.
"We have released pictures of the suspected criminals. The photographs have been sent to all the police stations in the state as people from different parts of Odisha had assembled at the Congress rally," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Nitinjit Singh told reporters here today.
Singh said the pictures were
The police have so far arrested only 34 people on the charge of creating violence from the rally venue, he said.
About 260 people, including 60 security personnel, were injured and a lady constable physically assaulted in the clash between the police and the Congress activists during the party`s Bidhan Sabha Gherao agitation on September 6.
"Certainly more people will be arrested in this connection," Director General of Police (DGP) Prakash Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev