Rally violence: Odisha Police release sketches of 36
Bhubaneswar: Unable to locate any of the accused persons involved in the assault of a woman constable during a Congress rally on September 6, Odisha police released sketches of 36 suspected people.
"We have released pictures of the suspected criminals. The photographs have been sent to all the police stations in the state as people from different parts of Odisha had assembled at the Congress rally," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Nitinjit Singh told reporters here today.
Singh said the pictures were
The police have so far arrested only 34 people on the charge of creating violence from the rally venue, he said.
About 260 people, including 60 security personnel, were injured and a lady constable physically assaulted in the clash between the police and the Congress activists during the party`s Bidhan Sabha Gherao agitation on September 6.
"Certainly more people will be arrested in this connection," Director General of Police (DGP) Prakash Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past