Ramesh asks Naveen to ensure proposals for IAY funds reach in time
Bhubaneswar: Concerned over delay in submission of proposals for release of the second instalment of funds for the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), the Centre has asked Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to ensure that proposals are sent in time.
"I wish to bring to your personal attention a few matters of serious concern regarding implementation of Indira Awas Yojana in Odisha," Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said in a letter to Patnaik.
Stating that Rs 264.14 crore has been released this financial year as first instalment for construction of houses in all districts except Jagatsinghpur, Ramesh said normally proposals for release of second installment are submitted by November every year.
"However, we have yet to receive proposals for second installment from your state during the current year," he said.
Ramesh said that his ministry has directed all states to upload data of IAY which has provision for uploading beneficiary-wise data, as well as photographs of the sanctioned houses in various stages of construction.
Maintaining that it would enable efficient monitoring and greatly enhance transparency and accountability, Ramesh said "progress in this regard is also not satisfactory."
Asking the chief minister to instruct officials to avoid delays in uploading of data and submission of proposals, he said it would ensure smooth flow of funds and avoid any inconvenience to beneficiaries in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!