Ramesh asks Naveen to ensure proposals for IAY funds reach in time
Bhubaneswar: Concerned over delay in submission of proposals for release of the second instalment of funds for the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), the Centre has asked Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to ensure that proposals are sent in time.
"I wish to bring to your personal attention a few matters of serious concern regarding implementation of Indira Awas Yojana in Odisha," Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said in a letter to Patnaik.
Stating that Rs 264.14 crore has been released this financial year as first instalment for construction of houses in all districts except Jagatsinghpur, Ramesh said normally proposals for release of second installment are submitted by November every year.
"However, we have yet to receive proposals for second installment from your state during the current year," he said.
Ramesh said that his ministry has directed all states to upload data of IAY which has provision for uploading beneficiary-wise data, as well as photographs of the sanctioned houses in various stages of construction.
Maintaining that it would enable efficient monitoring and greatly enhance transparency and accountability, Ramesh said "progress in this regard is also not satisfactory."
Asking the chief minister to instruct officials to avoid delays in uploading of data and submission of proposals, he said it would ensure smooth flow of funds and avoid any inconvenience to beneficiaries in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners