Ramesh asks Naveen to ensure proposals for IAY funds reach in time
Bhubaneswar: Concerned over delay in submission of proposals for release of the second instalment of funds for the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), the Centre has asked Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to ensure that proposals are sent in time.
"I wish to bring to your personal attention a few matters of serious concern regarding implementation of Indira Awas Yojana in Odisha," Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said in a letter to Patnaik.
Stating that Rs 264.14 crore has been released this financial year as first instalment for construction of houses in all districts except Jagatsinghpur, Ramesh said normally proposals for release of second installment are submitted by November every year.
"However, we have yet to receive proposals for second installment from your state during the current year," he said.
Ramesh said that his ministry has directed all states to upload data of IAY which has provision for uploading beneficiary-wise data, as well as photographs of the sanctioned houses in various stages of construction.
Maintaining that it would enable efficient monitoring and greatly enhance transparency and accountability, Ramesh said "progress in this regard is also not satisfactory."
Asking the chief minister to instruct officials to avoid delays in uploading of data and submission of proposals, he said it would ensure smooth flow of funds and avoid any inconvenience to beneficiaries in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?