Ramesh asks Naveen to ensure proposals for IAY funds reach in time
Bhubaneswar: Concerned over delay in submission of proposals for release of the second instalment of funds for the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), the Centre has asked Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to ensure that proposals are sent in time.
"I wish to bring to your personal attention a few matters of serious concern regarding implementation of Indira Awas Yojana in Odisha," Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said in a letter to Patnaik.
Stating that Rs 264.14 crore has been released this financial year as first instalment for construction of houses in all districts except Jagatsinghpur, Ramesh said normally proposals for release of second installment are submitted by November every year.
"However, we have yet to receive proposals for second installment from your state during the current year," he said.
Ramesh said that his ministry has directed all states to upload data of IAY which has provision for uploading beneficiary-wise data, as well as photographs of the sanctioned houses in various stages of construction.
Maintaining that it would enable efficient monitoring and greatly enhance transparency and accountability, Ramesh said "progress in this regard is also not satisfactory."
Asking the chief minister to instruct officials to avoid delays in uploading of data and submission of proposals, he said it would ensure smooth flow of funds and avoid any inconvenience to beneficiaries in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next