Ramesh asks Naveen to ensure proposals for IAY funds reach in time
Bhubaneswar: Concerned over delay in submission of proposals for release of the second instalment of funds for the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), the Centre has asked Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to ensure that proposals are sent in time.
"I wish to bring to your personal attention a few matters of serious concern regarding implementation of Indira Awas Yojana in Odisha," Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said in a letter to Patnaik.
Stating that Rs 264.14 crore has been released this financial year as first instalment for construction of houses in all districts except Jagatsinghpur, Ramesh said normally proposals for release of second installment are submitted by November every year.
"However, we have yet to receive proposals for second installment from your state during the current year," he said.
Ramesh said that his ministry has directed all states to upload data of IAY which has provision for uploading beneficiary-wise data, as well as photographs of the sanctioned houses in various stages of construction.
Maintaining that it would enable efficient monitoring and greatly enhance transparency and accountability, Ramesh said "progress in this regard is also not satisfactory."
Asking the chief minister to instruct officials to avoid delays in uploading of data and submission of proposals, he said it would ensure smooth flow of funds and avoid any inconvenience to beneficiaries in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery