Rapist sentenced to seven years imprisonment
Rourkela: A man has been sentenced to
rigorous imprisonment for seven years for raping a married
woman in March, 2008.
Additional District Sessions Judge, Sundargarh, Anand
Chandra Behera while convicting the accused, Parabal Minz (33)
yesterday also imposed Rs 3,000 fine.
The convict would have to face six months additional
jail term in case of failure to pay the fine amount.
According to prosecution the 32-year-old victim of
Kinjirikela area was raped by Parabal of the same village
while she was returning to her home after selling vegetable in
Sundargarh town market.
Parabal offered her lift in his bicycle and on the
way he took her to roadside bush and raped her on March 11,
2008 evening. Parabal subsequently threatened the woman with
dire consequences if she reported the matter to police.
Victim`s husband, Amus Minz, who was away to his
native place in neighbouring Jharkhand came to know the whole
incident from his wife only after his return on April, four
2008. Then Amus and his wife approached the village sarpanch
and other leading villagers to get justice. The victim finally
filed complaint with police on April 5, 2008.
Basing on the complaint, police arrested Parabal on
April 9, 2008 and forwarded to court under sections 376, 506,
and 323 IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian