Ravenshaw girl found dead under mysterious conditions
Cuttack (Odisha): Semi-burnt body of a girl student of Ravenshaw University was recovered from her house in Badambadi locality here, police said today.
The body of Pragyan Routray (22), a final year B.Sc student of Information Science and Technology (IST) department of Ravenshaw University, was recovered yesterday.
It had 60 per cent burn injuries all over with blood oozing out from mouth and nose.
The girl was alone at her house in Mahaveer Lane when the incident took place as her mother, a school teacher had gone to work and her father had gone to a nearby temple.
While police was yet to ascertain the cause of the death, family members ruled out any suicide theory claiming it was a pre-planned murder.
The doors and main gate of the house were found open as family members believed that someone from outside must have entered the house and tried to dispose off the body after killing the girl.
A kerosene jar was spotted near the body, police said, adding an adult could not die on the spot with nearly 60 per cent burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC