Ravenshaw girl found dead under mysterious conditions
Cuttack (Odisha): Semi-burnt body of a girl student of Ravenshaw University was recovered from her house in Badambadi locality here, police said today.
The body of Pragyan Routray (22), a final year B.Sc student of Information Science and Technology (IST) department of Ravenshaw University, was recovered yesterday.
It had 60 per cent burn injuries all over with blood oozing out from mouth and nose.
The girl was alone at her house in Mahaveer Lane when the incident took place as her mother, a school teacher had gone to work and her father had gone to a nearby temple.
While police was yet to ascertain the cause of the death, family members ruled out any suicide theory claiming it was a pre-planned murder.
The doors and main gate of the house were found open as family members believed that someone from outside must have entered the house and tried to dispose off the body after killing the girl.
A kerosene jar was spotted near the body, police said, adding an adult could not die on the spot with nearly 60 per cent burn injuries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged