Ravenshaw girl found dead under mysterious conditions
Cuttack (Odisha): Semi-burnt body of a girl student of Ravenshaw University was recovered from her house in Badambadi locality here, police said today.
The body of Pragyan Routray (22), a final year B.Sc student of Information Science and Technology (IST) department of Ravenshaw University, was recovered yesterday.
It had 60 per cent burn injuries all over with blood oozing out from mouth and nose.
The girl was alone at her house in Mahaveer Lane when the incident took place as her mother, a school teacher had gone to work and her father had gone to a nearby temple.
While police was yet to ascertain the cause of the death, family members ruled out any suicide theory claiming it was a pre-planned murder.
The doors and main gate of the house were found open as family members believed that someone from outside must have entered the house and tried to dispose off the body after killing the girl.
A kerosene jar was spotted near the body, police said, adding an adult could not die on the spot with nearly 60 per cent burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read