Ravindra Rai, KV Singh Deo to head BJP in Jharkhand, Odisha
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday appointed Ravindra Rai, a close associate of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda, as state party president, and K V Singh Deo as his Odisha counterpart ending speculation over these two key appointments.
Rai and Singh Deo were appointed by BJP President Rajnath Singh with immediate effect, the party said in a statement here.
There were reports that Munda may be made Jharkhand unit president but he is likely to be made a general secretary in Rajnath Singh`s team, party sources said.
Considered close to Singh, Munda is a tribal and will represent that constituency.
Rai was earlier associated with Babulal Marandi, who left BJP to form his own party - JVM(P).
K V Singh Deo`s appointment also sets at rest rumours that Dharmendra Pradhan, general secretary in former president Nitin Gadkari`s team, may be sent to Odisha as state BJP chief.
Singh Deo is a four-time MLA from Patnagarh in Bolangir district. He is a former minister and will replace Jual Oram as the state BJP Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez