Ravindra Rai, KV Singh Deo to head BJP in Jharkhand, Odisha
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday appointed Ravindra Rai, a close associate of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda, as state party president, and K V Singh Deo as his Odisha counterpart ending speculation over these two key appointments.
Rai and Singh Deo were appointed by BJP President Rajnath Singh with immediate effect, the party said in a statement here.
There were reports that Munda may be made Jharkhand unit president but he is likely to be made a general secretary in Rajnath Singh`s team, party sources said.
Considered close to Singh, Munda is a tribal and will represent that constituency.
Rai was earlier associated with Babulal Marandi, who left BJP to form his own party - JVM(P).
K V Singh Deo`s appointment also sets at rest rumours that Dharmendra Pradhan, general secretary in former president Nitin Gadkari`s team, may be sent to Odisha as state BJP chief.
Singh Deo is a four-time MLA from Patnagarh in Bolangir district. He is a former minister and will replace Jual Oram as the state BJP Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read