Ravindra Rai, KV Singh Deo to head BJP in Jharkhand, Odisha
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday appointed Ravindra Rai, a close associate of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda, as state party president, and K V Singh Deo as his Odisha counterpart ending speculation over these two key appointments.
Rai and Singh Deo were appointed by BJP President Rajnath Singh with immediate effect, the party said in a statement here.
There were reports that Munda may be made Jharkhand unit president but he is likely to be made a general secretary in Rajnath Singh`s team, party sources said.
Considered close to Singh, Munda is a tribal and will represent that constituency.
Rai was earlier associated with Babulal Marandi, who left BJP to form his own party - JVM(P).
K V Singh Deo`s appointment also sets at rest rumours that Dharmendra Pradhan, general secretary in former president Nitin Gadkari`s team, may be sent to Odisha as state BJP chief.
Singh Deo is a four-time MLA from Patnagarh in Bolangir district. He is a former minister and will replace Jual Oram as the state BJP Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered