Ravindra Rai, KV Singh Deo to head BJP in Jharkhand, Odisha
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday appointed Ravindra Rai, a close associate of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda, as state party president, and K V Singh Deo as his Odisha counterpart ending speculation over these two key appointments.
Rai and Singh Deo were appointed by BJP President Rajnath Singh with immediate effect, the party said in a statement here.
There were reports that Munda may be made Jharkhand unit president but he is likely to be made a general secretary in Rajnath Singh`s team, party sources said.
Considered close to Singh, Munda is a tribal and will represent that constituency.
Rai was earlier associated with Babulal Marandi, who left BJP to form his own party - JVM(P).
K V Singh Deo`s appointment also sets at rest rumours that Dharmendra Pradhan, general secretary in former president Nitin Gadkari`s team, may be sent to Odisha as state BJP chief.
Singh Deo is a four-time MLA from Patnagarh in Bolangir district. He is a former minister and will replace Jual Oram as the state BJP Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter