Ready to probe Cuttack land scam, CBI to HC
Cuttack: CBI on Thursday told the Orissa High
Court that it was ready to probe the alleged land scam in
Cuttack if an order was passed in this regard.
A division bench of Justice B P Das and Justice M M
Das, however, made it clear that if a satisfactory report was
not submitted by the government detailing the progress in
probing the charges by January 5, 2012, CBI would be handed
over the case.
CBI counsel S K Padhi told the bench that the
investigating agency has a specific wing in its regional
office at Kolkata which has its jurisdiction in the state to
probe similar charges.
The sleuths of the wing are specifically trained to probe
cases where the mafia in connivance with government officials
grab prime government land, the counsel said.
Bar association members had earlier alleged prime
government land measuring nearly 400 acres in Abhinav Bidanasi
of the city are grabbed by the mafia with the help of local
The HC had expressed concern over the fact and directed
the district collector to conduct a probe and submit a report.
Though the district administration conducted preliminary
investigations, it could not submit any report to the court on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news