Regional parties float front in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Promising a corruption free political front, about a dozen small regional parties and outfits on Sunday floated the Odisha Jan Sammukhya (OJS) with an aim to jointly contest the next elections.
Leaders of RJD, LJP, Samruddha Odisha, RPI (Republican Party of India), Odisha Communist Party, Paschim Odisha Vikas Party, Utkal Samaj, Mitra Shakti and some other outfits met here and announced formation of the front.
Denying any link with suspended BJD leader and Rajya Sabha MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra, leaders of the front said the OJS would field candidates in the next elections.
While Odisha Communist Party chief Ajay Rout was made president of OJS, Samruddha Odisha chief Jatish Mohanty became its convenor and Seikh Abdul Ali of RPI the co-coordinator.
Formation of the new front triggered a variety of speculations in Odisha political circles as it came amidst reports about supporters of Mohapatra, once the main strategist of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, floating a new outfit.
"The main aim of OJS is to wipe out corruption from all spheres," Rout said.
Speaking in same vein, Mohanty said while fighting corruption, the front would adopt the policy of collective leadership.
"But we’ll welcome anybody who is willing to follow our party mandate? he said adding OJS seeks to give the people of Odisha a corruption-free party unlike Congress, BJD and BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA