Regional parties float front in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Promising a corruption free political front, about a dozen small regional parties and outfits on Sunday floated the Odisha Jan Sammukhya (OJS) with an aim to jointly contest the next elections.
Leaders of RJD, LJP, Samruddha Odisha, RPI (Republican Party of India), Odisha Communist Party, Paschim Odisha Vikas Party, Utkal Samaj, Mitra Shakti and some other outfits met here and announced formation of the front.
Denying any link with suspended BJD leader and Rajya Sabha MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra, leaders of the front said the OJS would field candidates in the next elections.
While Odisha Communist Party chief Ajay Rout was made president of OJS, Samruddha Odisha chief Jatish Mohanty became its convenor and Seikh Abdul Ali of RPI the co-coordinator.
Formation of the new front triggered a variety of speculations in Odisha political circles as it came amidst reports about supporters of Mohapatra, once the main strategist of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, floating a new outfit.
"The main aim of OJS is to wipe out corruption from all spheres," Rout said.
Speaking in same vein, Mohanty said while fighting corruption, the front would adopt the policy of collective leadership.
"But we’ll welcome anybody who is willing to follow our party mandate? he said adding OJS seeks to give the people of Odisha a corruption-free party unlike Congress, BJD and BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez