Regional parties float front in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Promising a corruption free political front, about a dozen small regional parties and outfits on Sunday floated the Odisha Jan Sammukhya (OJS) with an aim to jointly contest the next elections.
Leaders of RJD, LJP, Samruddha Odisha, RPI (Republican Party of India), Odisha Communist Party, Paschim Odisha Vikas Party, Utkal Samaj, Mitra Shakti and some other outfits met here and announced formation of the front.
Denying any link with suspended BJD leader and Rajya Sabha MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra, leaders of the front said the OJS would field candidates in the next elections.
While Odisha Communist Party chief Ajay Rout was made president of OJS, Samruddha Odisha chief Jatish Mohanty became its convenor and Seikh Abdul Ali of RPI the co-coordinator.
Formation of the new front triggered a variety of speculations in Odisha political circles as it came amidst reports about supporters of Mohapatra, once the main strategist of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, floating a new outfit.
"The main aim of OJS is to wipe out corruption from all spheres," Rout said.
Speaking in same vein, Mohanty said while fighting corruption, the front would adopt the policy of collective leadership.
"But we’ll welcome anybody who is willing to follow our party mandate? he said adding OJS seeks to give the people of Odisha a corruption-free party unlike Congress, BJD and BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest