RI for 15 in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani (Orissa): A fast track court on Monday sentenced 15 people to rigorous imprisonment for three years for their involvement in rioting and house burning incidents during the Kandhamal riot in 2008.
Fast track court judge Sobhan Kumar Das convicting the 15 people of Gudrukia village in Baliguda also fined them Rs 1,000 each.
The convicted were involved in rioting and setting fire to houses belonging to the minority community in the 2008 communal violence in the district.
Largescale violence had taken place in Kandhamal district after the killing of VHP leader Laxmanananda Saraswati on August 23 that year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?