Riding of motorcycles banned in Odisha college
Koraput: In a bid to enhance safety in the premises, authorities of an autonomous college at Jeypore in Koraput district have banned students from using motorcycles inside the campus.
Officials of Vikram Deb Autonomous College today said motorcycles invited a spate of complaints that students were riding at a very high speed inside the campus. There were also complaints of outsiders entering the campus with bikes and indulging in rowdy behaviour.
"We had warned students several times not to drive motorcycles inside the campus but they seldom listen to us. Owing to rash driving there are more chances of accident and even students fear walking inside the campus. The new rule will ensure a higher level of safety for students," said Principal of the college, C Savitri.
The principal said students could only ride bicycle. The rule would be applicable to visitors too.
Established in 1947, the college is one of the largest institutions of Odisha with student strength of around 4,000. It has classes from intermediate to PG level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?