Robbery gang members held in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Police today claimed to have foiled a dacoity plan by arresting three persons allegedly belonging to a gang of robbers in Ganjam district of Odisha.
The trio, identified as Pradip Sethi, Jogendra Sethi of Bada Kushasthali village and Pintu Gouda of Lathi, were held at Jhada Ankuli under Berhampur Sadara Police Station on Wednesday night, Sadara PS inspector-in-charge A K Sethi said.
Two automatic pistols, five rounds of live ammunition and a sword were seized from the three, who, Sethi alleged, were involved in several heinous crimes.
Four other members of the gang, however, managed to scape, he said, adding, that police patrolling in the area has been intensified to nab them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know