Rourkela excise constable arrested in dowry torture case
Rourkela: A constable of the state Excise
department was today remanded to judicial custody by a
judicial court at Sundargarh for allegedly torturing his wife
demanding adequate dowry.
Police said the constable, Rajanikanta Das alias
Babul, was married to Sibarani Das, daughter of Malaya Das of
Bilaigarh of the same district on May 10, 2006.
The constable who allegedly had an affair with a
colleague, started torturing his wife for more dowry and even
demanded colour TV, a bike and Rs 30,000.
Sibani`s father, who works as a priest managed
to pay the cash to improve the
relationship of his daughter with her husband. But the torture
continued, according to an FIR lodged with the police.
As the torture continued, Malaya brought Sibani to his
house and lodged the FIR.
Police arrested the constable yesterday and produced
him in the court which remanded him to custody for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh