Rourkela excise constable arrested in dowry torture case
Rourkela: A constable of the state Excise
department was today remanded to judicial custody by a
judicial court at Sundargarh for allegedly torturing his wife
demanding adequate dowry.
Police said the constable, Rajanikanta Das alias
Babul, was married to Sibarani Das, daughter of Malaya Das of
Bilaigarh of the same district on May 10, 2006.
The constable who allegedly had an affair with a
colleague, started torturing his wife for more dowry and even
demanded colour TV, a bike and Rs 30,000.
Sibani`s father, who works as a priest managed
to pay the cash to improve the
relationship of his daughter with her husband. But the torture
continued, according to an FIR lodged with the police.
As the torture continued, Malaya brought Sibani to his
house and lodged the FIR.
Police arrested the constable yesterday and produced
him in the court which remanded him to custody for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today