Rourkela students win awards in Oxford competition
Rourkela (Odisha): Students of two Rourkela Steel Plant-aided schools have made the town proud by bagging top positions in a competition organised by the Institute for International Management and Technology along with Oxford Brookes University, UK.
A three-member team of the Deepika English Medium School, all students of class 12) and a class 11 student of the Delhi Public School participated in the competition on innovative ideas to solve various problems facing India.
While Mohammad Zeeshan Siddiqui, Subhangi Rout and Projyoti Adyasha Das of Deepika English Medium School won the award for the project on "Managing terrorism in India", Aniket Kumar of Delhi Public School was awarded for his project on "Role of society and government for conserving environment".
The award comprises cash prize as well as an all expenses paid visit to the Oxford Brookes University, UK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players