Rourkela: Three arrested in dowry death case
Rourkela: A man and his parents have been arrested after his wife died by attempting suicide in Sundargarh district, police said on Wednesday.
Shashi Garadia (30) and his parents were arrested in connection with the death of his wife Pinki (25) of Dahijeera village under Kutra police station in Sundargarh district.
Police said Pinki who attempted suicide by setting herself on fire after pouring kerosene on her body on Monday, succumbed to her injuries at Ispat General Hospital on Tuesday.
Pinki`s parents have filed a dowry torture case against Shashi and his parents.
Police which initially registered a suicidal case, now has booked Pinki`s husband Shashi and her father-in-law, Karna Garadia (50) and mother-in-law Roshati (48). All the three were produced before a court here today
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000