Rourkela: Three arrested in dowry death case
Rourkela: A man and his parents have been arrested after his wife died by attempting suicide in Sundargarh district, police said on Wednesday.
Shashi Garadia (30) and his parents were arrested in connection with the death of his wife Pinki (25) of Dahijeera village under Kutra police station in Sundargarh district.
Police said Pinki who attempted suicide by setting herself on fire after pouring kerosene on her body on Monday, succumbed to her injuries at Ispat General Hospital on Tuesday.
Pinki`s parents have filed a dowry torture case against Shashi and his parents.
Police which initially registered a suicidal case, now has booked Pinki`s husband Shashi and her father-in-law, Karna Garadia (50) and mother-in-law Roshati (48). All the three were produced before a court here today
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him