Rourkela: Three arrested in dowry death case
Rourkela: A man and his parents have been arrested after his wife died by attempting suicide in Sundargarh district, police said on Wednesday.
Shashi Garadia (30) and his parents were arrested in connection with the death of his wife Pinki (25) of Dahijeera village under Kutra police station in Sundargarh district.
Police said Pinki who attempted suicide by setting herself on fire after pouring kerosene on her body on Monday, succumbed to her injuries at Ispat General Hospital on Tuesday.
Pinki`s parents have filed a dowry torture case against Shashi and his parents.
Police which initially registered a suicidal case, now has booked Pinki`s husband Shashi and her father-in-law, Karna Garadia (50) and mother-in-law Roshati (48). All the three were produced before a court here today
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post