Rourkela: Three arrested in dowry death case
Rourkela: A man and his parents have been arrested after his wife died by attempting suicide in Sundargarh district, police said on Wednesday.
Shashi Garadia (30) and his parents were arrested in connection with the death of his wife Pinki (25) of Dahijeera village under Kutra police station in Sundargarh district.
Police said Pinki who attempted suicide by setting herself on fire after pouring kerosene on her body on Monday, succumbed to her injuries at Ispat General Hospital on Tuesday.
Pinki`s parents have filed a dowry torture case against Shashi and his parents.
Police which initially registered a suicidal case, now has booked Pinki`s husband Shashi and her father-in-law, Karna Garadia (50) and mother-in-law Roshati (48). All the three were produced before a court here today
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family