Rourkela: Three dacoits nabbed, weapons seized
Rourkela: Three members of a dacoit gang were apprehended and arms recovered from them at Ramjodi village, in Orissa, police sources said on Thursday.
One improvised pistol, daggers and other arms were seized from the gang members who impersonating as maoists had looted cash, ornaments and mobile sets from at least ten houses on Tuesday midnight, the sources said.
The villagers, however, retaliated when the dacoits tried to molest a minor girl.
As the dacoits fled sensing trouble the public captured one of the gang members and handed him over to police.
Police had arrested two other gang members on Wednesday and all three were produced before a local court on Thursday which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you