Rourkela: Three dacoits nabbed, weapons seized
Rourkela: Three members of a dacoit gang were apprehended and arms recovered from them at Ramjodi village, in Orissa, police sources said on Thursday.
One improvised pistol, daggers and other arms were seized from the gang members who impersonating as maoists had looted cash, ornaments and mobile sets from at least ten houses on Tuesday midnight, the sources said.
The villagers, however, retaliated when the dacoits tried to molest a minor girl.
As the dacoits fled sensing trouble the public captured one of the gang members and handed him over to police.
Police had arrested two other gang members on Wednesday and all three were produced before a local court on Thursday which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore