Rourkela: Three dacoits nabbed, weapons seized
Rourkela: Three members of a dacoit gang were apprehended and arms recovered from them at Ramjodi village, in Orissa, police sources said on Thursday.
One improvised pistol, daggers and other arms were seized from the gang members who impersonating as maoists had looted cash, ornaments and mobile sets from at least ten houses on Tuesday midnight, the sources said.
The villagers, however, retaliated when the dacoits tried to molest a minor girl.
As the dacoits fled sensing trouble the public captured one of the gang members and handed him over to police.
Police had arrested two other gang members on Wednesday and all three were produced before a local court on Thursday which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport