Rourkela: Three dacoits nabbed, weapons seized
Rourkela: Three members of a dacoit gang were apprehended and arms recovered from them at Ramjodi village, in Orissa, police sources said on Thursday.
One improvised pistol, daggers and other arms were seized from the gang members who impersonating as maoists had looted cash, ornaments and mobile sets from at least ten houses on Tuesday midnight, the sources said.
The villagers, however, retaliated when the dacoits tried to molest a minor girl.
As the dacoits fled sensing trouble the public captured one of the gang members and handed him over to police.
Police had arrested two other gang members on Wednesday and all three were produced before a local court on Thursday which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming