Rourkela: Three dacoits nabbed, weapons seized
Rourkela: Three members of a dacoit gang were apprehended and arms recovered from them at Ramjodi village, in Orissa, police sources said on Thursday.
One improvised pistol, daggers and other arms were seized from the gang members who impersonating as maoists had looted cash, ornaments and mobile sets from at least ten houses on Tuesday midnight, the sources said.
The villagers, however, retaliated when the dacoits tried to molest a minor girl.
As the dacoits fled sensing trouble the public captured one of the gang members and handed him over to police.
Police had arrested two other gang members on Wednesday and all three were produced before a local court on Thursday which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss