RSP officer arrested for torturing wife
Rourkela: A senior officer of Rourkela
Steel Plant (RSP) was arrested for allegedly torturing his
wife, police said Friday.
The officer, Bansidhar Bhada had married Janhvi
Behera, a homeopathy doctor of Bhubaneswar in May 2001.
At the time of marriage, Rs 4.20 lakh was given apart
from various household articles as dowry, the police said.
Bansidhar was having an affair with a hospital staff
and used to torture his wife, the police said.
Janhvi informed her parents who lodged an FIR, on the
basis of which Bansidhar was arrested from the residence of
his lover yesterday, the police said.
Bansidhar was today forwarded to judicial court which
rejected his bail petition and remanded him to jail custody
for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter