RSP officer arrested for torturing wife
Rourkela: A senior officer of Rourkela
Steel Plant (RSP) was arrested for allegedly torturing his
wife, police said Friday.
The officer, Bansidhar Bhada had married Janhvi
Behera, a homeopathy doctor of Bhubaneswar in May 2001.
At the time of marriage, Rs 4.20 lakh was given apart
from various household articles as dowry, the police said.
Bansidhar was having an affair with a hospital staff
and used to torture his wife, the police said.
Janhvi informed her parents who lodged an FIR, on the
basis of which Bansidhar was arrested from the residence of
his lover yesterday, the police said.
Bansidhar was today forwarded to judicial court which
rejected his bail petition and remanded him to jail custody
for 14 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred