RSP sends Medical Relief team to cyclone hit area of Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A medical relief team has been sent by Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) to the areas affected by Cyclone Phailin.
The team, including specialists in medicine, surgery and paediatrics and accompanied by pharmacists, male nurses and medical attendants was flagged off from Rourkela yesterday as per guidelines of Odisha government`s Health department, RSP sources said today.
The team is carrying medicines and other requisites like antidiarrheals, antibiotics, anti-fungals, vitamins, ORS, dressing materials and ointments.
A well equipped ambulance will also accompany the team to help in case of any eventualities. The medical team will report to the cyclone relief authorities at Bhubaneswar and thereafter proceed to the area assigned to it.`
A stand-by team has also been kept ready with additional medicines to rush to the area whenever necessary, sources said.
Apart from the medical relief team, RSP is also sending relief material like generator sets, polythene sheets and chlorine tablets to the cyclone affected area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test