RSP sends Medical Relief team to cyclone hit area of Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A medical relief team has been sent by Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) to the areas affected by Cyclone Phailin.
The team, including specialists in medicine, surgery and paediatrics and accompanied by pharmacists, male nurses and medical attendants was flagged off from Rourkela yesterday as per guidelines of Odisha government`s Health department, RSP sources said today.
The team is carrying medicines and other requisites like antidiarrheals, antibiotics, anti-fungals, vitamins, ORS, dressing materials and ointments.
A well equipped ambulance will also accompany the team to help in case of any eventualities. The medical team will report to the cyclone relief authorities at Bhubaneswar and thereafter proceed to the area assigned to it.`
A stand-by team has also been kept ready with additional medicines to rush to the area whenever necessary, sources said.
Apart from the medical relief team, RSP is also sending relief material like generator sets, polythene sheets and chlorine tablets to the cyclone affected area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016