RSP sends Medical Relief team to cyclone hit area of Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A medical relief team has been sent by Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) to the areas affected by Cyclone Phailin.
The team, including specialists in medicine, surgery and paediatrics and accompanied by pharmacists, male nurses and medical attendants was flagged off from Rourkela yesterday as per guidelines of Odisha government`s Health department, RSP sources said today.
The team is carrying medicines and other requisites like antidiarrheals, antibiotics, anti-fungals, vitamins, ORS, dressing materials and ointments.
A well equipped ambulance will also accompany the team to help in case of any eventualities. The medical team will report to the cyclone relief authorities at Bhubaneswar and thereafter proceed to the area assigned to it.`
A stand-by team has also been kept ready with additional medicines to rush to the area whenever necessary, sources said.
Apart from the medical relief team, RSP is also sending relief material like generator sets, polythene sheets and chlorine tablets to the cyclone affected area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!