Sabyasachi Panda interrogated in police custody
Berhampur: Top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda was on Sunday interrogated, a day after the arrested Red rebel was sent to police remand for ten days.
A team of senior police officers along with Special Intelligence Wing (SIW) grilled Panda in presence of his advocate Deepak Patnaik amid tight security, a senior police official said.
"He (Sabyasachi) was cooperative with the police and tried to answer the questions put to him," Superintendent of Police (Berhampur) Anirudh Kumar Singh said.
"There was no specific interrogation... In general he was asked about his past...Life history," he said.
The Maoist leader was questioned in two phases after his wife, Subhashree alias Mili met him around noon, Panda`s advocate Deepak Patnaik said.
"I was in the interrogation session when the police asked me to attend," Patnaik said, adding he was present during the proceedings as per the court order.
Sub divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM)`s court here yesterday ordered the presence of Panda`s advocate or family member, friend or relative during his interrogation by the investigating agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Banks checking loan applicant's capacity to repay on Facebook, LinkedIn
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH