Sabyasachi Panda interrogated in police custody
Berhampur: Top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda was on Sunday interrogated, a day after the arrested Red rebel was sent to police remand for ten days.
A team of senior police officers along with Special Intelligence Wing (SIW) grilled Panda in presence of his advocate Deepak Patnaik amid tight security, a senior police official said.
"He (Sabyasachi) was cooperative with the police and tried to answer the questions put to him," Superintendent of Police (Berhampur) Anirudh Kumar Singh said.
"There was no specific interrogation... In general he was asked about his past...Life history," he said.
The Maoist leader was questioned in two phases after his wife, Subhashree alias Mili met him around noon, Panda`s advocate Deepak Patnaik said.
"I was in the interrogation session when the police asked me to attend," Patnaik said, adding he was present during the proceedings as per the court order.
Sub divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM)`s court here yesterday ordered the presence of Panda`s advocate or family member, friend or relative during his interrogation by the investigating agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal