Sanjeev Marik named as Odisha`s new DGP
Bhubaneswar: Senior IPS officer Sanjeev Marik was on Saturday named as Odisha`s new Director General of Police (DGP), replacing Prakash Mishra who will be CMD of the Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC), officials said.
After taking over charge, 1981-batch IPS officer Marik said that "winning confidence of the common man and crime prevention will be my top priority".
Crimes against women, Naxal menace, traffic problems and modernisation of the police force would also get priority during my tenure, Marik said.
Meanwhile, the state government today effected a minor reshuffle in the senior IPS level.
OSRTC`s CMD Manoj K Chabra has been posted as ADG of the Human Rights Protection Cell (HRPC) of Odisha Police. ADG of Crime Branch BK Sharma was given additional charge of HRPC.
Senior IPS officers Pranabendu Acharya and Amrit Mohan Prasad have been promoted to the rank of ADG. Similarly, 2000-batch IPS officer Prateek Mohanty has been promoted to the rank of DIG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!