Sanjeev Marik named as Odisha`s new DGP
Bhubaneswar: Senior IPS officer Sanjeev Marik was on Saturday named as Odisha`s new Director General of Police (DGP), replacing Prakash Mishra who will be CMD of the Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC), officials said.
After taking over charge, 1981-batch IPS officer Marik said that "winning confidence of the common man and crime prevention will be my top priority".
Crimes against women, Naxal menace, traffic problems and modernisation of the police force would also get priority during my tenure, Marik said.
Meanwhile, the state government today effected a minor reshuffle in the senior IPS level.
OSRTC`s CMD Manoj K Chabra has been posted as ADG of the Human Rights Protection Cell (HRPC) of Odisha Police. ADG of Crime Branch BK Sharma was given additional charge of HRPC.
Senior IPS officers Pranabendu Acharya and Amrit Mohan Prasad have been promoted to the rank of ADG. Similarly, 2000-batch IPS officer Prateek Mohanty has been promoted to the rank of DIG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video