School head held for sexual harassing minor girl
Baripada: The head of a school in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district was arrested on charge of sexually harrassing a minor girl student, police said on Saturday.
Father Santosh Geoger of St Joseph`s Convent School at Udala was arrested yesterday on the basis of a complaint lodged by the father of a third standard girl student, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Crime, Binaya Krushna Kamila said.
No senior official of the missionary school was immediately available for comment.
The `incident` occurred on Thursday and the girl`s father lodged the complaint at Udala yesterday. Tension had erupted in the town as over 300 people staged protests demanding immediate arrest of Geoger, Kamila said.
The school remained closed since yesterday as all its staff appeared to have gone underground apprehending trouble, the DSP said, adding, police personnel have been deployed at the school as a precautionary step.
Geoger was arrested under section 374-2(F) and 506 of IPC and section 6 of Prevention of Children Sexual Offence (POCSO) Act.
He was forwarded to the court of Special Judge-cum- District Judge, Ajay Kumar Mohanty which remanded him to jail custody after rejecting his bail plea.
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here