School head held for sexual harassing minor girl
Baripada: The head of a school in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district was arrested on charge of sexually harrassing a minor girl student, police said on Saturday.
Father Santosh Geoger of St Joseph`s Convent School at Udala was arrested yesterday on the basis of a complaint lodged by the father of a third standard girl student, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Crime, Binaya Krushna Kamila said.
No senior official of the missionary school was immediately available for comment.
The `incident` occurred on Thursday and the girl`s father lodged the complaint at Udala yesterday. Tension had erupted in the town as over 300 people staged protests demanding immediate arrest of Geoger, Kamila said.
The school remained closed since yesterday as all its staff appeared to have gone underground apprehending trouble, the DSP said, adding, police personnel have been deployed at the school as a precautionary step.
Geoger was arrested under section 374-2(F) and 506 of IPC and section 6 of Prevention of Children Sexual Offence (POCSO) Act.
He was forwarded to the court of Special Judge-cum- District Judge, Ajay Kumar Mohanty which remanded him to jail custody after rejecting his bail plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?