Schoolgirl gang-raped by two youth in Odisha
Kendrapara: A minor school girl was allegedly gang-raped by two drunken youth in Odisha`s Kendrapara district, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place last evening when the 14-year-old girl had gone to fetch water from a tubewell at Naraharipur village, about 20 km from here, said Kendrapara Sadar police station Inspector Tapas Pradhan.
"We have arrested both the accused persons last night after the father of the victim girl registered an FIR alleging that his minor daughter was raped by them," said the police official.
The accused were identified as Nirmal Pradhan (26) and Abhimanyu Swain (25). They committed the crime in an inebriated state, he said.
The duo raped the ninth standard school girl at a deserted spot of the village, the official added.
Both, the arrested duo and the victim girl, were medically examined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan