Schoolgirl gang-raped by two youth in Odisha
Kendrapara: A minor school girl was allegedly gang-raped by two drunken youth in Odisha`s Kendrapara district, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place last evening when the 14-year-old girl had gone to fetch water from a tubewell at Naraharipur village, about 20 km from here, said Kendrapara Sadar police station Inspector Tapas Pradhan.
"We have arrested both the accused persons last night after the father of the victim girl registered an FIR alleging that his minor daughter was raped by them," said the police official.
The accused were identified as Nirmal Pradhan (26) and Abhimanyu Swain (25). They committed the crime in an inebriated state, he said.
The duo raped the ninth standard school girl at a deserted spot of the village, the official added.
Both, the arrested duo and the victim girl, were medically examined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie