Scores of teachers stage demonstration in Orissa for pay revision
Bhubaneswar: A large number of school teachers from different parts of Orissa on Sunday wore black badges and staged a demonstration on the Teacher day here to press for their demands including pay revision.
Agitating under the banner of Nikhila Utkal Primary School Teachers Association, the teachers demanded that the 6th pay commission recommendation be implemented for them forthwith.
Voicing concern over shortage of teachers in schools throughout the sate, they also sought concrete steps for appointment of adequate number of teahcers in schools to
ensure one teacher for every class.
The protesters also demanded supply of sufficient text books in all schools among other things. Describing the protest by teachers as unfortunate, Orissa`s school and mass education minister Pratap Jena said they should have held talks with the state government before taking to street.
The state government, he said, was taking all steps for the welfare of teachers and improvement of school education.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services