Scores of teachers stage demonstration in Orissa for pay revision
Bhubaneswar: A large number of school teachers from different parts of Orissa on Sunday wore black badges and staged a demonstration on the Teacher day here to press for their demands including pay revision.
Agitating under the banner of Nikhila Utkal Primary School Teachers Association, the teachers demanded that the 6th pay commission recommendation be implemented for them forthwith.
Voicing concern over shortage of teachers in schools throughout the sate, they also sought concrete steps for appointment of adequate number of teahcers in schools to
ensure one teacher for every class.
The protesters also demanded supply of sufficient text books in all schools among other things. Describing the protest by teachers as unfortunate, Orissa`s school and mass education minister Pratap Jena said they should have held talks with the state government before taking to street.
The state government, he said, was taking all steps for the welfare of teachers and improvement of school education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why