Scores of teachers stage demonstration in Orissa for pay revision
Bhubaneswar: A large number of school teachers from different parts of Orissa on Sunday wore black badges and staged a demonstration on the Teacher day here to press for their demands including pay revision.
Agitating under the banner of Nikhila Utkal Primary School Teachers Association, the teachers demanded that the 6th pay commission recommendation be implemented for them forthwith.
Voicing concern over shortage of teachers in schools throughout the sate, they also sought concrete steps for appointment of adequate number of teahcers in schools to
ensure one teacher for every class.
The protesters also demanded supply of sufficient text books in all schools among other things. Describing the protest by teachers as unfortunate, Orissa`s school and mass education minister Pratap Jena said they should have held talks with the state government before taking to street.
The state government, he said, was taking all steps for the welfare of teachers and improvement of school education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali