Security forces destroy Maoist training camp
Rourkela: In stepped up anti-Maoist operations in Odisha`s Sundargarh district, security forces Monday demolished a rebel training camp in the dense forest of Saranda.
Acting on a tip-off, jawans of CRPF, Special Operation Group (SOG) and district voluntary force (DVF) raided the Maoist camp in the forest near Langalkata in K Balang police station area, the police said.
The ultras while retreating into dense forest fired at the securitymen who retaliated, leading to a fierce exchange of fire, Rourkela Superintendent of Police Himanshu Lal said.
Another senior police official said a woman cadre was seen falling to the bullets but her body could not be retrieved as the ultras took it away while fleeing.
The forces found blood mark on the spot and officials who took part in the encounter said they have seen body of a lady being carried away by Maoists.
Meanwhile, demolition of the camp by security forces led to seizure of an automatic gun and a rifle from the site besides a few full diesel drum, food items, uniform, huge amount of medicines, posters, leaflets and magazines and Mao literature, said SS Sethy, SDPO Rourkela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire