Security intensified in Odisha after Bodh Gaya blasts
Bhubaneswar: Security has been intensified at major pilgrimage towns and vital installations across Odisha following Sunday`s serial blasts at Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town, authorities said Monday.
Security has been intensified at different installations including at Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)`s missile test range at Chandipur in Balasore district, about 230 km from here, and at the Ordnance Factory in Badmal in Bolangir district, which is a defence production unit.
Additional forces have been deployed in places like state capital Bhubaneswar, and pilgrimage town of Puri as part of the security measures.
While vehicles are being checked in all the entry and exit points of Bhubaneswar, special arrangements have been made at the Biju Patnaik airport in the city, a senior police official told IANS.
More than a million devotees are expected to gather at the pilgrimage town of Puri, about 55 km from here, to witness the annual car festival of Lord Jagannath July 10-19.
More than 6,000 policemen and security personnel have already been deployed at the town, district superintendent of police Ahup Sahu said.
Checks were carried out both Sunday and Monday by dog squads at various places of the town including at railway stations and bus stands, he said.
Two monks were injured in nine near-coordinated explosions at the revered Mahabodhi temple complex in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya early Sunday. The government has termed it a terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH