Security intensified in Odisha after Bodh Gaya blasts
Bhubaneswar: Security has been intensified at major pilgrimage towns and vital installations across Odisha following Sunday`s serial blasts at Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town, authorities said Monday.
Security has been intensified at different installations including at Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)`s missile test range at Chandipur in Balasore district, about 230 km from here, and at the Ordnance Factory in Badmal in Bolangir district, which is a defence production unit.
Additional forces have been deployed in places like state capital Bhubaneswar, and pilgrimage town of Puri as part of the security measures.
While vehicles are being checked in all the entry and exit points of Bhubaneswar, special arrangements have been made at the Biju Patnaik airport in the city, a senior police official told IANS.
More than a million devotees are expected to gather at the pilgrimage town of Puri, about 55 km from here, to witness the annual car festival of Lord Jagannath July 10-19.
More than 6,000 policemen and security personnel have already been deployed at the town, district superintendent of police Ahup Sahu said.
Checks were carried out both Sunday and Monday by dog squads at various places of the town including at railway stations and bus stands, he said.
Two monks were injured in nine near-coordinated explosions at the revered Mahabodhi temple complex in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya early Sunday. The government has termed it a terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!