Security personnel, Maoists exchange fire
Koraput: An exchange of
fire took place between security personnel and Maoists inside
Kantarupadu forest in Orissa`s` Koraput district on Wednesday.
No injury or casualty from either side has been
reported in the encounter that took place in the forest under
Narayanpatna police station, police said.
Around 15 Maoists were present inside the forest and
started firing at the security personnel. Our men retaliated
in a similar manner. The gun-battle continued for about 30
minutes, DSP (Laxmipur) Y Jagannath Rao said.
Taking advantage of poor visibility inside the
dense forest, the Maoists fled from the spot. There has been
no injury or casualty from either side, Rao added.
While conducting search in the area police recovered
two guns, nine kit bags, live bullets, a VHF set and few
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!