Security personnel, Maoists exchange fire
Koraput: An exchange of
fire took place between security personnel and Maoists inside
Kantarupadu forest in Orissa`s` Koraput district on Wednesday.
No injury or casualty from either side has been
reported in the encounter that took place in the forest under
Narayanpatna police station, police said.
Around 15 Maoists were present inside the forest and
started firing at the security personnel. Our men retaliated
in a similar manner. The gun-battle continued for about 30
minutes, DSP (Laxmipur) Y Jagannath Rao said.
Taking advantage of poor visibility inside the
dense forest, the Maoists fled from the spot. There has been
no injury or casualty from either side, Rao added.
While conducting search in the area police recovered
two guns, nine kit bags, live bullets, a VHF set and few
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling