Security personnel unearth dump full of firearms
Berhampur: Security personnel on Wednesday unearthed a dump full with firearms at Rahaganda forest under Ganjam districts Sorada police station limit in Ganjam-Kandhamal district border, police said.
Several firearms were unearthed from a dump in the area. The security personnel came across the dump during a combing operation jointly conducted by the local police and CRPF). The recovered items included several firearms, three tiffin bombs, five soap case bombs, one clock. Each tiffin bombs was containing around 2.5-kg IED, police said.
The other materials recovered from the dump were 40 Maoist Odia booklets, uniform and several expired medicines, said SP (Ganjam) Ashish Kumar Singh said.
District bomb disposal personnel defused the bombs and IEDs on the spot, SP said adding that no ultra was sighted near the dump.
The combing operation has been intensified in the area by engagement of more forces after recovery the firearms from the jungle, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail