Securitymen killed by Maoist given state honour
Phulbani (Odisha): The bodies of three
securitymen killed in landmine blast triggered by Maoists were
brought here on Friday with full state honour from Baliguda after
The bodies of constables Sunasira Mohanty and Sangram
Lenka and homeguard Umakanta Jani were accorded honour at
the reserve police line and then taken in a procession around
the town for public to pay tribute to the martyrs.
The bodies were then handed over to their families for
performing the last rites, DSP GP Behera said.
The District Magistrate, Superintendent of Police and
other officials participated in the procession.
Shops and business establishments and schools and
colleges were closed spontaneously as a mark of respect to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters
- WAL v NIR: Gareth McAuley own-goal sends Wales into Quarter-finals of Euro 2016
- Jharkhand wants 5 more batallions of CRPF to fight Naxals
- UN can't verify incendiary bombs in Syria, concerned by reports
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers