Securitymen killed by Maoist given state honour
Phulbani (Odisha): The bodies of three
securitymen killed in landmine blast triggered by Maoists were
brought here on Friday with full state honour from Baliguda after
The bodies of constables Sunasira Mohanty and Sangram
Lenka and homeguard Umakanta Jani were accorded honour at
the reserve police line and then taken in a procession around
the town for public to pay tribute to the martyrs.
The bodies were then handed over to their families for
performing the last rites, DSP GP Behera said.
The District Magistrate, Superintendent of Police and
other officials participated in the procession.
Shops and business establishments and schools and
colleges were closed spontaneously as a mark of respect to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player