Securitymen killed by Maoist given state honour
Phulbani (Odisha): The bodies of three
securitymen killed in landmine blast triggered by Maoists were
brought here on Friday with full state honour from Baliguda after
The bodies of constables Sunasira Mohanty and Sangram
Lenka and homeguard Umakanta Jani were accorded honour at
the reserve police line and then taken in a procession around
the town for public to pay tribute to the martyrs.
The bodies were then handed over to their families for
performing the last rites, DSP GP Behera said.
The District Magistrate, Superintendent of Police and
other officials participated in the procession.
Shops and business establishments and schools and
colleges were closed spontaneously as a mark of respect to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city