Seven persons arrested in connection with jewellery shop loot
Berhampur: Seven persons, including a woman, were arrested on Sunday from Bhanjanagar and nearby areas of Odisha`s Ganjam district in connection with the loot of a jewellery shop about a month ago.
Police also seized two country-made guns from the arrested persons and recovered around 150 grams of gold ornaments, sub divisional police officer S C Jamadar said.
All the arrested persons belonged to Bhanjanagar area and investigation was in progress to ascertain their involvement in other crimes, he said.
Armed members of the gang had forcibly entered a jewellery shop and looted around 700 grams of gold ornaments and several kilo of silver besides Rs 30,000 after attacking the owners of the shop on June 22.
The traders of the area had threatened to launch an agitation due to delay in arrest of the culprits.
Police said out of the seven arrested persons, two including the woman, were receivers of the looted ornaments, while some others were directly involved in the robbery.
Efforts were on to nab some other members of the gang, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector