Seven persons arrested in connection with jewellery shop loot
Berhampur: Seven persons, including a woman, were arrested on Sunday from Bhanjanagar and nearby areas of Odisha`s Ganjam district in connection with the loot of a jewellery shop about a month ago.
Police also seized two country-made guns from the arrested persons and recovered around 150 grams of gold ornaments, sub divisional police officer S C Jamadar said.
All the arrested persons belonged to Bhanjanagar area and investigation was in progress to ascertain their involvement in other crimes, he said.
Armed members of the gang had forcibly entered a jewellery shop and looted around 700 grams of gold ornaments and several kilo of silver besides Rs 30,000 after attacking the owners of the shop on June 22.
The traders of the area had threatened to launch an agitation due to delay in arrest of the culprits.
Police said out of the seven arrested persons, two including the woman, were receivers of the looted ornaments, while some others were directly involved in the robbery.
Efforts were on to nab some other members of the gang, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!