Seven sentenced for Kandhamal rioting
Phulbani (Odisha): A local court on Saturday sentenced seven persons to 5 years rigorous imprisonment for their involvement in the Kandhamal ethno-communal riot in 2008.
The Additional Sessions Judge Sobhan Kumar Das also imposed fine of Rs 2000 to each of them.
`According to the prosecution, these people indulged in riot with deadly weapons and set fire to some houses belonging to the minority community at Majamaha under Raikia police stataion on August 28, 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement