Seven sentenced for Kandhamal riots
Phulbani: A Fast Track Court
Wednesday sentenced seven people to rigorous imprisonment for
three years for involvement in the 2008 riots in Odisha`s
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track Court-I,
Sobhan Kumar Dash, convicted the seven people for setting
houses on fire and rioting with deadly weapons at Biringia in
Tumudibandha area during the riots.
In three other cases the court acquitted 12 accused
of violence in the district in December, 2007 and
August-September, 2008 due to lack of evidence.
In another case, the judge acquitted 5 arrested for
burning houses and rioting in Dasaguda village under Tikabali
police station on August 26, 2008.
He also acquitted two others of Gadaguda village under
Tikabali police station on September 30 2008 for want of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister