Seven sentenced for Kandhamal riots
Phulbani: A Fast Track Court
Wednesday sentenced seven people to rigorous imprisonment for
three years for involvement in the 2008 riots in Odisha`s
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track Court-I,
Sobhan Kumar Dash, convicted the seven people for setting
houses on fire and rioting with deadly weapons at Biringia in
Tumudibandha area during the riots.
In three other cases the court acquitted 12 accused
of violence in the district in December, 2007 and
August-September, 2008 due to lack of evidence.
In another case, the judge acquitted 5 arrested for
burning houses and rioting in Dasaguda village under Tikabali
police station on August 26, 2008.
He also acquitted two others of Gadaguda village under
Tikabali police station on September 30 2008 for want of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!