Seven sentenced for Kandhamal riots
Phulbani: A Fast Track Court
Wednesday sentenced seven people to rigorous imprisonment for
three years for involvement in the 2008 riots in Odisha`s
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track Court-I,
Sobhan Kumar Dash, convicted the seven people for setting
houses on fire and rioting with deadly weapons at Biringia in
Tumudibandha area during the riots.
In three other cases the court acquitted 12 accused
of violence in the district in December, 2007 and
August-September, 2008 due to lack of evidence.
In another case, the judge acquitted 5 arrested for
burning houses and rioting in Dasaguda village under Tikabali
police station on August 26, 2008.
He also acquitted two others of Gadaguda village under
Tikabali police station on September 30 2008 for want of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption