Seven sentenced for Kandhamal riots
Phulbani: A Fast Track Court
Wednesday sentenced seven people to rigorous imprisonment for
three years for involvement in the 2008 riots in Odisha`s
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track Court-I,
Sobhan Kumar Dash, convicted the seven people for setting
houses on fire and rioting with deadly weapons at Biringia in
Tumudibandha area during the riots.
In three other cases the court acquitted 12 accused
of violence in the district in December, 2007 and
August-September, 2008 due to lack of evidence.
In another case, the judge acquitted 5 arrested for
burning houses and rioting in Dasaguda village under Tikabali
police station on August 26, 2008.
He also acquitted two others of Gadaguda village under
Tikabali police station on September 30 2008 for want of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert