Shah Comm in Orissa to probe illegal mining
Bhubaneswar: An eight-member team of the Centre-appointed Shah Commission led by former Supreme Court judge Justice MB Shah on Wednesday arrived in Odisha to investigate illegal mining in the state.
The commission members would visit Keonjhar district
tomorrow from where maximum illegal mining was reported, a
senior official at the steel and mines department said.
The members would conduct a public hearing in Keonjhar
district and would visit some iron ore and manganese mines on
Friday and Saturday.
The team would also visit Koida mines in neighbouring
Sundergarh district, the official said.
The team members will have a discussion with senior
government officials like the chief secretary and secretaries
of different departments here after returning from Keonjhar
and Sundergarh, the official said.
"We have complied with all the queries made by the
commission," Chief Secretary BK Patnaik told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!