Shinde`s regret is `nonsense`, says RSS supremo
Cuttack: RSS supremo Mohanrao Bhagwat on Friday termed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s expression of regret for his `Hindu terror` remark as an attempt to appease a particular section of voters for the next elections.
Appearing in no mood to forgive Shinde for his terror remark and subsequent regret, Bhagwat while answering a query from a public during a question-answer session, said, "His (Shinde`s) remarks as well as regret are nonsense (bakwas)".
He said the Sangh Parivar never believed in violence and if the ministry of Home Affairs has any prima facie proof of they being remotely connected to any form of violence, then instead of voicing the same in public, the minister should take appropriate legal action on it.
To another question on his view that rapes occur in India and not in Bharat, Bhagwat reiterated that his statement on the subject was "misquoted".
Bhagwat on a four-day visit to Odisha and was speaking at a public meeting here after attending a day-long programme of the RSS, including meeting intellectuals of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!