Shinde`s regret is `nonsense`, says RSS supremo
Cuttack: RSS supremo Mohanrao Bhagwat on Friday termed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s expression of regret for his `Hindu terror` remark as an attempt to appease a particular section of voters for the next elections.
Appearing in no mood to forgive Shinde for his terror remark and subsequent regret, Bhagwat while answering a query from a public during a question-answer session, said, "His (Shinde`s) remarks as well as regret are nonsense (bakwas)".
He said the Sangh Parivar never believed in violence and if the ministry of Home Affairs has any prima facie proof of they being remotely connected to any form of violence, then instead of voicing the same in public, the minister should take appropriate legal action on it.
To another question on his view that rapes occur in India and not in Bharat, Bhagwat reiterated that his statement on the subject was "misquoted".
Bhagwat on a four-day visit to Odisha and was speaking at a public meeting here after attending a day-long programme of the RSS, including meeting intellectuals of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued