Similipal National Park opens for tourists
Bhubaneswar: Authorities Friday opened Odisha`s Similipal National Park, home to hundreds of elephants and other wildlife animals, for visitors for about six months, officials said.
The wildlife officials have taken several measures to make the tourists` stay in the park comfortable. Guest houses at Jamuani and Gudgudia under Jasipur range have been renovated, an official said.
At least 14,000 people visited the park between November last year and June this year. This season, the number of visitors may go up further, Regional Chief Conservator of Forests A.K. Nayak told IANS.
Wildlife officials have opened two entry points to the park - at Kaliani and Pithabata village. The entry gates will open from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. daily. "We have allowed entry of only 60 vehicles into the park every day. Their entry will be on first-come, first-served basis," he said.
Located in Mayurbhanj district, some 320 km from here, Simlipal is home to many Royal Bengal tigers and elephants. Spread over nearly 845 sq km, the park opens for visitors every year from Nov 1-June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog