Similipal National Park opens for tourists
Bhubaneswar: Authorities Friday opened Odisha`s Similipal National Park, home to hundreds of elephants and other wildlife animals, for visitors for about six months, officials said.
The wildlife officials have taken several measures to make the tourists` stay in the park comfortable. Guest houses at Jamuani and Gudgudia under Jasipur range have been renovated, an official said.
At least 14,000 people visited the park between November last year and June this year. This season, the number of visitors may go up further, Regional Chief Conservator of Forests A.K. Nayak told IANS.
Wildlife officials have opened two entry points to the park - at Kaliani and Pithabata village. The entry gates will open from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. daily. "We have allowed entry of only 60 vehicles into the park every day. Their entry will be on first-come, first-served basis," he said.
Located in Mayurbhanj district, some 320 km from here, Simlipal is home to many Royal Bengal tigers and elephants. Spread over nearly 845 sq km, the park opens for visitors every year from Nov 1-June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?