Similipal National Park opens for tourists
Bhubaneswar: Authorities Friday opened Odisha`s Similipal National Park, home to hundreds of elephants and other wildlife animals, for visitors for about six months, officials said.
The wildlife officials have taken several measures to make the tourists` stay in the park comfortable. Guest houses at Jamuani and Gudgudia under Jasipur range have been renovated, an official said.
At least 14,000 people visited the park between November last year and June this year. This season, the number of visitors may go up further, Regional Chief Conservator of Forests A.K. Nayak told IANS.
Wildlife officials have opened two entry points to the park - at Kaliani and Pithabata village. The entry gates will open from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. daily. "We have allowed entry of only 60 vehicles into the park every day. Their entry will be on first-come, first-served basis," he said.
Located in Mayurbhanj district, some 320 km from here, Simlipal is home to many Royal Bengal tigers and elephants. Spread over nearly 845 sq km, the park opens for visitors every year from Nov 1-June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning