Similipal National Park opens for tourists
Bhubaneswar: Authorities Friday opened Odisha`s Similipal National Park, home to hundreds of elephants and other wildlife animals, for visitors for about six months, officials said.
The wildlife officials have taken several measures to make the tourists` stay in the park comfortable. Guest houses at Jamuani and Gudgudia under Jasipur range have been renovated, an official said.
At least 14,000 people visited the park between November last year and June this year. This season, the number of visitors may go up further, Regional Chief Conservator of Forests A.K. Nayak told IANS.
Wildlife officials have opened two entry points to the park - at Kaliani and Pithabata village. The entry gates will open from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. daily. "We have allowed entry of only 60 vehicles into the park every day. Their entry will be on first-come, first-served basis," he said.
Located in Mayurbhanj district, some 320 km from here, Simlipal is home to many Royal Bengal tigers and elephants. Spread over nearly 845 sq km, the park opens for visitors every year from Nov 1-June 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!