Six die in Orissa thunderstorm
Bhubaneswar: At least six people, including four children, have been killed as thunderstorms wreaked havoc in several parts of Orissa, an official said Tuesday.
Heavy rains struck several places in both coastal and western parts of the state, including capital city Bhubaneswar and its neighbouring Cuttack, Monday evening.
The rains continued for several hours and caused the maximum devastation in Sundargarh and Jharsuguda districts.
Four minor children died when lightning hit them when they took shelter under a tree to escape the rain in Sundargarh district.
The mishap took place near Oramlata village, a senior state revenue official said.
Two people were killed in separate incidents after trees uprooted during thunderstorm fell on them in Jharsuguda district, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan