Six killed, four injured in Baripada truck capsize
Baripada (Odisha): Six persons were today killed and four others got critically injured when a truck capsized in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said here.
The truck laden with iron scrap, on its way to Balasore from Rairangpur, rolled and fell down from a height of about 53 feet near Dwarsali ghat at Bangiriposi on Kolkata-Mumbai NH 6, about 45 km from here this morning, police said.
The truck was completely damaged and disintegrated after it fell.
The driver had apparently lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp bend, the police said.
While six persons, including the truck driver died on the spot, the four injured were admitted to the district headquarters hospital here in a critical condition, the police said.
Four of the dead persons were identified as scrap dealers of Balasore town, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...