Six killed, four injured in Baripada truck capsize
Baripada (Odisha): Six persons were today killed and four others got critically injured when a truck capsized in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said here.
The truck laden with iron scrap, on its way to Balasore from Rairangpur, rolled and fell down from a height of about 53 feet near Dwarsali ghat at Bangiriposi on Kolkata-Mumbai NH 6, about 45 km from here this morning, police said.
The truck was completely damaged and disintegrated after it fell.
The driver had apparently lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp bend, the police said.
While six persons, including the truck driver died on the spot, the four injured were admitted to the district headquarters hospital here in a critical condition, the police said.
Four of the dead persons were identified as scrap dealers of Balasore town, the police added.
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex
- MUST WATCH: Disgruntled employee tears down an aeroplane!
- Centre releases 25 more files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview