Six killed, four injured in Baripada truck capsize
Baripada (Odisha): Six persons were today killed and four others got critically injured when a truck capsized in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said here.
The truck laden with iron scrap, on its way to Balasore from Rairangpur, rolled and fell down from a height of about 53 feet near Dwarsali ghat at Bangiriposi on Kolkata-Mumbai NH 6, about 45 km from here this morning, police said.
The truck was completely damaged and disintegrated after it fell.
The driver had apparently lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp bend, the police said.
While six persons, including the truck driver died on the spot, the four injured were admitted to the district headquarters hospital here in a critical condition, the police said.
Four of the dead persons were identified as scrap dealers of Balasore town, the police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan