Six killed, four injured in Baripada truck capsize
Baripada (Odisha): Six persons were today killed and four others got critically injured when a truck capsized in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said here.
The truck laden with iron scrap, on its way to Balasore from Rairangpur, rolled and fell down from a height of about 53 feet near Dwarsali ghat at Bangiriposi on Kolkata-Mumbai NH 6, about 45 km from here this morning, police said.
The truck was completely damaged and disintegrated after it fell.
The driver had apparently lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp bend, the police said.
While six persons, including the truck driver died on the spot, the four injured were admitted to the district headquarters hospital here in a critical condition, the police said.
Four of the dead persons were identified as scrap dealers of Balasore town, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future