Six Maoists surrender, 4 arrested in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Altogether six Maoists, including an area commander, surrendered before the police and four others were arrested in three districts of Orissa on Saturday, the police said.
While five hardcore ultras surrendered in Rayagada district, another red rebel walked down to the residence of the superintendent of police of Jajpur district.
After interrogating one of them, four other Maoists were arrested from Jajpur and Keonjhar district, sources said.
The rebels were involved in crimes like murder, arson, loot and extortion.
Those who surrendered told the interrogators they quit the outfit after getting disgusted with the leadership for letting cadres from Chhattishgarh and Andhra Pradesh dictate
terms to the local members.
Pitamber Tudu (35), a member of Kalinga Nagar division, surrendered before the Jajpur SP. He was allegedly involved in three murder cases and burning of a police station
and a forest beat house at Daitari in Keonjhar district. Based on the information provided by him, the police arrested four other ultras from Daitari, Reban and Palaspali area in Jajpur and Keonjhar district, sources said.
Other surrendered Maoists are Tirupati Mutika, the area commander of Bansadhara Division, Batika Goudi, Batika Chiranjibi, Pudina Ganapati and Lina Laxma of Srirampur village under Gunupur police station area located in Orissa-Andhra Pradesh border.
They also laid down three country made pistols, one landmine and one detonator. The group was involved in killing of six CRPF personnel in a landmine explosion at Jagannathpur in Rayagada district in 2002, the sources said.
Meanwhile, about 50 men and women from Srirampur village assembled at the venue of Maoist surrender and pledged not to help Maoists, said DIG, Soumendra Priyadarshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you