Six tribals arrested for attacking police in Odisha
Malkangiri: At least six tribals were arrested for allegedly attacking a police team when they raided an unauthorised cock-fight venue at Sialimal in Malkangiri district, police said Friday.
The police team conducted a raid on the venue when they were attacked by angry villagers injuring at least five of the cops yesterday.
Cases under various sections of IPC and Arms Act were registered against 34 villagers, including a Malkangiri Zilla Parishad member and youth Congress leader.
Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhileswar Singh said six persons were arrested and a manhunt was on to catch the rest.
Meanwhile, Congress leader and Lok Sabha member Pradip Majhi alleged police torture on innocent tribals and demanded a judicial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?