Six tribals arrested for attacking police in Odisha
Malkangiri: At least six tribals were arrested for allegedly attacking a police team when they raided an unauthorised cock-fight venue at Sialimal in Malkangiri district, police said Friday.
The police team conducted a raid on the venue when they were attacked by angry villagers injuring at least five of the cops yesterday.
Cases under various sections of IPC and Arms Act were registered against 34 villagers, including a Malkangiri Zilla Parishad member and youth Congress leader.
Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhileswar Singh said six persons were arrested and a manhunt was on to catch the rest.
Meanwhile, Congress leader and Lok Sabha member Pradip Majhi alleged police torture on innocent tribals and demanded a judicial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt