Six tribals arrested for attacking police in Odisha
Malkangiri: At least six tribals were arrested for allegedly attacking a police team when they raided an unauthorised cock-fight venue at Sialimal in Malkangiri district, police said Friday.
The police team conducted a raid on the venue when they were attacked by angry villagers injuring at least five of the cops yesterday.
Cases under various sections of IPC and Arms Act were registered against 34 villagers, including a Malkangiri Zilla Parishad member and youth Congress leader.
Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhileswar Singh said six persons were arrested and a manhunt was on to catch the rest.
Meanwhile, Congress leader and Lok Sabha member Pradip Majhi alleged police torture on innocent tribals and demanded a judicial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof