Six tribals arrested for attacking police in Odisha
Malkangiri: At least six tribals were arrested for allegedly attacking a police team when they raided an unauthorised cock-fight venue at Sialimal in Malkangiri district, police said Friday.
The police team conducted a raid on the venue when they were attacked by angry villagers injuring at least five of the cops yesterday.
Cases under various sections of IPC and Arms Act were registered against 34 villagers, including a Malkangiri Zilla Parishad member and youth Congress leader.
Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhileswar Singh said six persons were arrested and a manhunt was on to catch the rest.
Meanwhile, Congress leader and Lok Sabha member Pradip Majhi alleged police torture on innocent tribals and demanded a judicial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends