Slain BJD MLA cremated
Nawarangpur (Orissa): The mortal remains
Of BJD MLA Jagabandhu Majhi, killed by suspected Maoists, were
consigned to flames at Umerkote in Nawarangpur district on Sunday.
The body of Majhi was taken in a procession from his
residence to the funeral ground in Jharigam road where the
last rites were performed in the presence of over 5000 people.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, BJD Rajya Sabha MP
Pyarimohan Mohapatra, Law Minister Vikram Arukh, SC & ST
Development Minister Lal Bihari Himirika, IT minister Ramesh
Majhi, a host of party MPs, MLAs and senior leaders were
As a mark of respect to the slain tribal leader, who
represented Umerkote Assembly constituency since 2009, shops
and business establishments remained closed an passenger buses
were off the roads in many areas of the district.
39-year-old Majhi and his security officer Pramod Kumar
Patra were shot dead and another person was seriously injured
at Gona village while he was distributing land pattas to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?