Slain BJD MLA cremated
Nawarangpur (Orissa): The mortal remains
Of BJD MLA Jagabandhu Majhi, killed by suspected Maoists, were
consigned to flames at Umerkote in Nawarangpur district on Sunday.
The body of Majhi was taken in a procession from his
residence to the funeral ground in Jharigam road where the
last rites were performed in the presence of over 5000 people.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, BJD Rajya Sabha MP
Pyarimohan Mohapatra, Law Minister Vikram Arukh, SC & ST
Development Minister Lal Bihari Himirika, IT minister Ramesh
Majhi, a host of party MPs, MLAs and senior leaders were
As a mark of respect to the slain tribal leader, who
represented Umerkote Assembly constituency since 2009, shops
and business establishments remained closed an passenger buses
were off the roads in many areas of the district.
39-year-old Majhi and his security officer Pramod Kumar
Patra were shot dead and another person was seriously injured
at Gona village while he was distributing land pattas to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands