SOG personnel dies of bullet injury, police suspect suicide
Berhampur (Orissa): A personnel of Orissa`s elite anti-naxlal force Special Operation Group (SOG) posted at Brahmanigaon in Kandhamal district today died following bullet injury with police suspecting that he had committed suicide.
Sanjay Patra was found bleeding profusely in the barrack with bullet wound in his head, Inspector General of Police (Southern Range), R K Sharma said.
Patra was immediately taken to a local hospital and later shifted to MKCG Medical College Hospital here where doctors declared him dead, he said.
Though Patra, who hailed from Parajang area in Dhenkanal district, was suspected to have committed suicide by shooting himself from his pistol, a clear picture would emerge after thorough investigation, the IGP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory