Solution to Italian hostage crisis possible soon
Bhubaneswar: Mediators for Maoists holding
two Italians hostage since March 14 on Friday said that a solution
to the problem was possible tomorrow and talks were taking
time because of complex issues involved.
"Talks are progressing well and we hope to conclude
the negotiations by tomorrow evening. We are hopeful that some
positive solution will come out," social activist and former
bureaucrat BD Sharma negotiating on behalf of the ultras told
reporters after the second day of talks with government
"All 13 issues raised by the abductors were discussed
threadbare as the three government negotiators showed a
positive approach during talks," he said.
Sharma said the talks were taking time to yield
results in view of the complexity of issues.
He and the other negotiator Danadapani Mohanty
reiterated that the two Italians Paolo Bosusco and Claudio
Colangelo, kidnapped from tribal-dominated Kandhamal district
while trekking, were in good health, safe and unharmed.
Asked whether any of the hostages were released, both
the Maoist negotiators said they had no information.
They also clarified that their suggestion of bringing
one of the three jailed Maoist leaders, Narayan Sanyal, Amit
Bagchi or Kobad Gandhi, lodged in jails at Giridih,
Vishakhapatanam and Tihar to Bhubaneswar to monitor talks, was
no longer on the agenda.
"Only the two of us will continue the talks on behalf
of the Maoists," they said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN says North Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral