‘Some Odisha mining cases too complicated’
Bhubaneswar: Justice M B Shah Commission probing the mining scam in different states on Tuesday said there were some "more complicated" cases in Odisha which required additional time for investigation.
"We have so far verified only 64 Odisha mines during five days of investigation.
The delay is mostly due to involvement of some more complicated mines," U V Singh, the team leader and Principal Conservator of Forest in Karnataka, told reporters here on sixth day of the investigation.
Singh was replying a question on the snails pace of investigation of the Justice Shah Commission, which earlier visited Odisha in December last year as part of probe.
Though the commission formally began its probe from October 4 this time, it had so far gone through only 64 of the over 140 mines to be examined by the six-member team.
"The cases are so complicated that the commission could examine four to five mines in a day," said a member of the team adding, they were going deep into the matter before taking any decision on any particular iron ore or manganese mine.
The commission, which was scheduled to wind up its second phase investigation on October 11, could complete examination of maximum of 100 mines during the period, said a member adding, digital maps of mines, old records since 1952 were being examined by the commission.
"After returning from here on October 12, the commission may again visit the state for completing investigation," Singh said.
Singh also did not rule out the commission`s visit to certain mines during its next visit.
However, he indicated that the team was likely to be here and examine records this time without making any field visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?