SP asks Naveen Patnaik to take delegation to Prez on Polavaram project
Bhubaneswar: The Samajwadi Party on Saturday asked Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to take an all party delegation to the President to oppose the Polavaram project in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
"The project is against the federal spirit of the country as three states like Odisha, Chhattishgarh and Telangana are opposed to it," SP state president Rabi Behera.
Behera said though cases had been filed in the Supreme Court, the NDA government passed the Bill in Lok Sabha without waiting for its verdict.
Behera said unless the height of the proposed Polavaram dam was reduced, a large number of people would be homeless in Malkangiri district.
"Time has come for the politicians to different parties to come together and protest such an anti-Odisha project," he said.
SP workers demonstrated holding the NDA government responsible for passing a Bill in Lok Sabha paving the way for construction of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu